Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
My husband found this recipe in Men's Health magazine, and it's one of his favourite staple dishes, plus he knows that it's not so bad for him either.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 680.38 g lean turkey mincemeat
- 793.78 g diced tomatoes
- 425.24 g tin no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 425.24 g tin kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g tin pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.79-29.58 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml chili flakes
- Saute the onion, pepper and garlic in a little olive oil over medium heat. Add the turkey and break up with a wooden spoon,cook until turkey turns white.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce and the remainder of the ingredients. Bring to a boil then cover and cook on a low heat for 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with rice and top with sour cream and cheese if desired.