Recipe by Chef Fawn
Cheezy, delicious and filling this mock Lasagna will soothe your Italian fix and it was cooked in a Rice Cooker! It was delicious and all of my girlfriends and co-workers loved it!
- 1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) box bow tie pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) bagof fiesta Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Switch your rice cooker to cook.
- Place ground turkey in cooker and brown, add Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour box of pasta into cooker along with spaghetti sauce. Fill the spaghetti sauce jar up with water and pour into rice cooker along with another half of jar of water.
- Stir ingredients and shut the cooker, cook for 20 minutes or until cooker switches to warm. Then add Fiesta Blend Cheese, Ricotta cheese and sprinkle half of the Parmesan in the pot. Close and cook for another 20 minutes or until cooker switches to warm.
- Taste and see if you need to add any more salt before serving.
- Just before serving add the additional parmesean cheese.
- Serve with Garlic Bread and a salad.
- *You may also use ground beef or pork if you like.
- **If you can not find Fiesta Blend cheese which I got at Wal-Mart, you can use any blend of shredded cheeses that you like.
- DIG IN!