Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Australian Good Taste aug 07 (20ml tbs) So quick and easy! Really Yum.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200 g bacon, rashers coarsely chopped (rind and fat trimmed)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 350 g tortiglioni pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup passata
- 100 g ricotta cheese, baked thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- Heat oil in large saucepan over med high heat. Add bacon, garlic and chilli, and cook stirring for 3 min or until bacon is golden.
- Add wine and cook for 2 minute Add pasta and stir to coat. Add water and passata. Season with salt. Reduce heat to med low. Simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 20 min or until pasta is al dente and liq has reduced and thickened.
- Divide pasta between bowls. Top with baked ricotta and parsley.
I was a little dubious about not pe-cooking the pasta, but I trusted the chef. So glad that I did, this is awesome!!! Made as directed, except that I didn't realise what tortiglioni was, and used little tortellini instead, which worked marvellously! I also omitted the ricotta cheese, to be honest this is very filling and satisfying meal just as is, and I didn't feel it would have greatly benefited from the ricotta, however, I will try it like that another time. A one pot meal, no fuss, tastes great, no leftovers, we all loved it! Thanks Juliet, another winner! Made for PAC Fall 2009
A good, solid meal. Nothing fancy, just good old-fashioned supper food. I'm pretty sure this would be a kid pleaser, too. Very easy to make with pantry items you normally have. Thnx for posting, Juliet. Adopted for Spring 2008 PAC.