Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I stumbled across this recipe here on zaar, originally posted by Bev. One Dish Chicken and Rice Bake. It's delicious with the paprika, so be sure to try it both ways. By cooking the rice a little before mixing it in, the rice comes out very tender and creamy. Hope you enjoy and thanks, Bev, for the great recipe!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups water (divided)
- 3⁄4 cup long-grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Mix soup, 3/4 cup water, one minced garlic clove, 1/4 tsp parsley flakes, and salt in ungreased shallow 2-quart casserole. Set aside.
- Boil rice in 1 1/4 cup of water for 10-12 minutes. It will be almost cooked.
- Lay chicken on top and sprinkle with remaining garlic and parsley.
- Cover and bake until bubbly and chicken shows no signs of pink in the center--about 45 minutes.