Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I saw this on Sara's Secrets. I enjoy this vinaigrette.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Combine the salt, mustard, and vinegar in a glass measuring cup and whisk with a fork until the salt is dissolved.
- Slowly add the oil in a stream, whisking.
- The vinaigrette keeps, covered, at room temperature for 1 week or in the refrigerator for a month.
A nice basic vinaigrette. I used the red wine vinegar because that was what I had on hand. I think that the white wine vinegar would result in a lighter flavor dressing. This was mixed in the Vita-Mix and served on a tossed salad.
This was a good jumping-off point vinaigrette. Using different herbs will provide varied flavours - we had ours with oregano.
This is a great vinaigrette! I used white wine and it turned out perfectly. Just a perfect blend of flavors.