Recipe by bmcnichol
I saw this on Sara's Secrets. I enjoy this vinaigrette.
Top Review by PaulaG
A nice basic vinaigrette. I used the red wine vinegar because that was what I had on hand. I think that the white wine vinegar would result in a lighter flavor dressing. This was mixed in the Vita-Mix and served on a tossed salad.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the salt, mustard, and vinegar in a glass measuring cup and whisk with a fork until the salt is dissolved.
- Slowly add the oil in a stream, whisking.
- The vinaigrette keeps, covered, at room temperature for 1 week or in the refrigerator for a month.