1/8 Photos of On the Grill Potato Packets
This recipe is total simplicity -- lightly smoked potatoes, perfumed with rosemary and olive oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 lbs new potatoes, sliced thinly (1/4-inch, the food processor makes that go very quickly)
- 2 slices of a sweet onions or 4 slices yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1When the fire is lit but not ready, lay out 8 pieces of foil (about 12 by 8 inches) and brush with olive oil.
- 2Shingle an eighth of the potatoes in a circle in the center of each piece of foil. Break the onion slices into rings and scatter evenly over each potato ring. Equally divide the remaining olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper over the potatoes.
- 3With the potato rings intact, bring the two large edges of foil to the center, sealing firmly.
- 4Fold over the other two short edges to seal. Place on a medium or medium-hot fire for 20 to 25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through (Cooking in foil packets is not an exact science, so remember to check one packet after 20 minutes for doneness and to make sure the bottom isn't burning.
- 5If necessary, finish cooking with another foil sheet under the packets.).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for On the Grill Potato Packets
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.1
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g