My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly beat the eggs with 2tbsp cold water until the yolks and whites are evenly mixed. Season and stir in the herbs.
- 2Melt a third of the butter in a small nonstick omelette pan and heat until it sizzles. Swirl it round the pan, then pour in a third of the egg mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until it starts to set, then tilt the pan and lift the edges so that the runny mixture runs underneath. Continue to cook until the omelette is set but slightly creamy on top. Slide on to a plate and fold the omelette in half.
- 3Cook another two omelettes in the same way.
- 4Cut the baguettes in half lengthways and scoop out some of the crums (these can be frozen, ready to make breadcrums for other recipes.) Put a warm omelette in each baguette.
- 5Leave to cool, then wrap the baguettes in foil to carry to the picnic. Cut in half to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Omelette Baguettes
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.3
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 203.8 mg
- Sodium 294.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: