Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Full of brain food Omega 3. This recipe is taken from Vol. 4 of the Healthy Home Cookin' Series. http://www.healthyhomecookin.com
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice syrup (or honey, will be sweeter)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup almond butter (or 1/2 cup more peanut butter and 3/4 cup chopped almonds)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds (flaxseed meal)
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 3 cups brown Rice Krispies
- Heat syrup, canola oil, and nut butters over medium heat until soft and smooth. Stir in nuts, seeds, and rice cereal. Press into a prepared 9 x 9 pan.
These have a lot going for them but my gluten free 2 year old did not like them! And she usually will eat everything. I think I would like to try this with something other than brown rice crispies...not sure what! Overall I like the flavors of the nut butters together and will try some variation of this in the future.