Recipe by Maya's Mama
This is a delsious and traditional egyptian dessert. Served in Ramadan and in the winters. Top off your portion with your choice of nuts, coconut, cream or milk.
- 5 1⁄2 ounces puff pastry, baked (you could substitute for croissants)
- 2 ounces ground almonds
- 2 ounces ground hazelnuts
- 1 ounce raisins
- 1 ounce coconut flakes
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the puff pastry into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix pastry with nuts, raisins and coconut and put in a deep serving dish.
- Put the sugar and milk in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Pour over the pastry, nuts and raisins.
- Spread whipped cream evenly over mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve, and enjoy.