Recipe by 3 Zesty Lemons
This recipe packs a piney punch of fresh rosemary flavor. It's from one my favorite Philadelphia restaurants, Mercato. For more information and serving suggestions for this recipe visit www.3zestylemons.com.
Top Review by email@example.com
Changed recipe by adding 3 large Granny Smith apples peeled and cut into small chunks and additional 1/4 C of sugar. Baked at 350 for 50 minutes in 9 " Springform pan which was buttered and floured with plain organic bread crumbs. Am a pastry chef, and thought this was a delicious cake for serving for afternoon snack, as is typically done in Italy.
- 4 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 295.73 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a bowl, use the whip attachment of a mixer, and beat the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and continue to beat until the mixture is foamy and pale in color.
- With the mixer running slowly, drizzle in the olive oil.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the rosemary into the batter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture.
- Pour the batter into a 10 inch loaf pan that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, rotating halfway through for even coloring.
- When the cake is done it will be golden brown.
- Allow to cool. .