Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain well and pour back into pot. Add can of evaporated skim milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Add raisins, pecans, apple butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Add to mixture to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Top with remaining cinnamon & sugar as needed for garnish.