Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Emeril Lagasse. I usually double the recipe. Cooking time is churning time.
Make and share this Old Time Vanilla Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Whisk all ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
- Pour into the bowl of an ice cream machine.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- After the ice cream is made, transfer to an airtight container.
- Cover tightly and freeze until ready to serve.
- Make chocolate curls using a vegetable peeler.
- Serve ice cream garnished with curls.
So creamy and delicious!! I made a gallon of this by tripling the recipe...we ate every bite in one sitting! It had a smooth consistency and excellent vanilla flavor. I used evaporated milk for a portion of the heavy cream. It did not affect flavor, but reduced calories. I am going to make this again tonight for a birthday party...it is so good - better than store bought!