These warm cookies are delightful and will please any pumpkin lover or pumpkin pie lover. They are soft and glazed yummy comfort cookies; good warm or room temp; with hot tea or cold milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup solid-pack pumpkin (I like Libby's)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a medium bowl, combine flour, b. soda, b. powder, salt, and spices.
- 2Sift together the white and dark brown sugars.
- 3In a large mixer bowl, cream or beat butter and sugars well.
- 4Beat in the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar.
- 5Gradually, beat in the dry mixture until all is blended well.
- 6Drop onto greased baking sheets by rounded tablespoon.
- 7Bake in 350-degree F pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes (each successive batch needing less) or until edges are firmed up.
- 8Cool on the baking sheet about 2 minutes then remove to cool completely on wire rack.
- 9For Glaze: In a small bowl, combine all 4 glaze ingredients until smooth.
- 10Drizzle glaze over the tops of all the cookies. Let glaze set.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.9 mg
- Sodium 141.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g