Chef #1052851's Note:
This recipe came from my great grandmother & was passed down to me as a child.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cream together oleo, sugar (setting aside 1/4 cup of sugar), and eggs until smooth. In seperate bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- 3Combine wet & dry ingredients.
- 4In seperate bowl combine cinnamon & sugar.
- 5Drop dough by spoonful ( 1 inch balls) into cinn. & sugar mixture, and roll making sure coat doughball evenly with sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. After filling one cookie sheet, then by using your thumb and 2 first fingers pressed together to make like a triangle, make a slight indentation into cookies. Then fill the 3 indentations with cinn. & sugar.
- 6Bake at 350 for 9 min or until golden.
- 7Cool on cookie rack and store.
- 8These cookies should turn out very soft and cakelike. If the 1st batch turns out a little flat then add about 3-4 TBSP of flour.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1224.0
- Calories from Fat 582
- Total Fat 64.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 141.0 mg
- Sodium 1720.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 83.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: