Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
This recipe came from my great grandmother & was passed down to me as a child.
- 1 cup softened oleo
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together oleo, sugar (setting aside 1/4 cup of sugar), and eggs until smooth. In seperate bowl sift together all dry ingredients.
- Combine wet & dry ingredients.
- In seperate bowl combine cinnamon & sugar.
- Drop dough by spoonful ( 1 inch balls) into cinn. & sugar mixture, and roll making sure coat doughball evenly with sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. After filling one cookie sheet, then by using your thumb and 2 first fingers pressed together to make like a triangle, make a slight indentation into cookies. Then fill the 3 indentations with cinn. & sugar.
- Bake at 350 for 9 min or until golden.
- Cool on cookie rack and store.
- These cookies should turn out very soft and cakelike. If the 1st batch turns out a little flat then add about 3-4 TBSP of flour.