1/2 Photos of Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf III
7 hrs 45 mins
In ‘Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever’ by Diane Phillips
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef (85% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Place the bread in a small bowl, pour the milk over the bread, and let soak for 5 minutes.
- 2Put the meat in a large mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients, including the milk-soaked bread.
- 3Do not squeeze the moisture out of the bread.
- 4Using clean hands or a large spoon, stir the mixture together until the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- 5Form the mixture into a loaf about 6 inches long and e inches wide and tall.
- 6Set aside while you mix the sauce ingredients, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- 7Stir together all the sauce ingredients in the insert of a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker and set the meat loaf in the sauce.
- 8Spoon some of the sauce over the top of the meat loaf to coat it.
- 9Cook the meat loaf on HIGH for 1 hour.
- 10Decrease heat to LOW and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of the meat loaf registers 165 degrees, 5-6 hours.
- 11Using two long, wide spatulas, remove the meat loaf from the slow cooker, cover with foil, and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- 12Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- 13Cut the meat loaf into ½ inch thick slices with a serrated knife.
- 14Serve with some of the sauce.
Browse Our Top Meatloaf Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf III
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.8
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.1 mg
- Sodium 2052.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 27.8 g