Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Nothing fancy here, just good, basic mashed potatoes that are great as is or topped with your favorite gravy. For extra flavor, sprinkle with chopped chives.
- 5 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3⁄4 cup warm 2% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Combine the milk, butter, salt, and pepper in a large bowl., Add potato; let stand for 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Beat the potato mixture with a mixer at high speed until smooth.