Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These little maple balls are so buttery, they just melt in your mouth! Better make a double recipe of the delicious cookies, cause your going to need lots! If you don't have any maple extract on hand, just use 2 tsp vanilla instead, it just won't have the maple flavouring, but they are still great.
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cream butter, sugar and maple extract until fluffy.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately remove with spatula.
- When still warm, but cool enough to handle, roll baked cookies in powdered sugar.
so i was looking for this recipe and of course it came up by kitten. I only had peanuts, so i crushed them in the food processor and added them in ! Used vanilla and wha-la!
Delicious cookies! I made these exactly as written and they turned out just wonderfully. I was a little bit nervous while mixing as the dough seemed very crumbly, but DO NOT ADJUST!! They came together perfectly for a beautiful addition to my Christmas Tray. Thanks Kitten!