Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These little maple balls are so buttery, they just melt in your mouth! Better make a double recipe of the delicious cookies, cause your going to need lots! If you don't have any maple extract on hand, just use 2 tsp vanilla instead, it just won't have the maple flavouring, but they are still great.
Top Review by luv2cookinpa
so i was looking for this recipe and of course it came up by kitten. I only had peanuts, so i crushed them in the food processor and added them in ! Used vanilla and wha-la!
- 1 cup butter, softened (no substitutions)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cream butter, sugar and maple extract until fluffy.
- Sift together flour and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Immediately remove with spatula.
- When still warm, but cool enough to handle, roll baked cookies in powdered sugar.