Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend passed this recipe onto me.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- Measure first 5 ingredients into sifter.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, stir in the egg and molasses.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and blend.
- Drop in balls about 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon full, roll into sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until light brown and cracked on top.