Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are moist drop cookies that you can add any of your favorite ingredients to. Chocolate, butterscotch, or peanut butter chips, nuts, candied fruit, or chopped candy bars all taste delicious. You are only limited by your imagination. Be creative and enjoy.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup nuts, etc or 1 cup candy bars, chopped etc or 1 cup raisins, etc
- Cream together sugar, shortening, eggs and vanilla. Add all dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. At this point stir in your favorite candy, chocolate chips, nuts, candied fruit, raisins or anything you would like to use.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Good soft cookie. I added a little more flour and they turned out great. This reminds me of a recipe I lost and have been trying to find a substitute. Thanks for sharing. P.S. Hubby loves them!
This was a nice, basic cookie recipe in which just about any flavored chips, nuts or candy can be added. I added Nestle's peanut butter and chocolate swirl chips. Thanks Bunlady for posting!