Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
You'll never go back to instant cocoa again!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Rich chocolatey cocoa with a dominate chocolate flavor. Used Penzey's dutch process cocoa and loved it. Not very sweet, though, and all three of my kids refused to drink it as is. A little more sugar made it just right for the kiddie crowd. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- grated chocolate, to garnish
- whipped cream, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan, combine cocoa and sugar, whisk in half and half till smooth.
- Over low heat, whisk in milk and vanilla, bring to a simmer.
- Pour into hot mugs and top with cream and chocolate.
- To add variety add cinnamon and nutmeg before adding milk, or use peppermint extract in place of vanilla.