Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 36 mins
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Cider Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened apple cider or 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart-sweet apples (such as Gala, Braeburn, or Golden Delicious)
- Preheat oven to 375°; line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 t cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on med-high speed, beat butter and 1 1/4 c sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with apple cider, making three additions of flour and two of cider, until just blended.
- Gently fold in apples.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the muffins.
- Bake for 32-36 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.