1 hr 21 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened apple cider or 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart-sweet apples (such as Gala, Braeburn, or Golden Delicious)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, 1 1/2 t cinnamon, and salt.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on med-high speed, beat butter and 1 1/4 c sugar until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- 5With the mixer on low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with apple cider, making three additions of flour and two of cider, until just blended.
- 6Gently fold in apples.
- 7Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- 8In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the muffins.
- 9Bake for 32-36 minutes or until tops are golden and a pick comes out clean.
- 10Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Cider Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.6
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.1 mg
- Sodium 298.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
unsweetened apple cider