Recipe by Kozmic Blues
These are fantastic!! From Vegan Brunch
Top Review by Wish I Could Cook
YUM! These are great. They are substantial, chewy waffles with a rich depth of flavor from the barley malt syrup. They might have been crispy if I had left them on the waffle iron longer, but I always get nervous about them burning and probably took them off too soon... I made them with whole wheat pastry flour and about halft the oil. Super easy and delish!
- 2 cups almond milk or 2 cups soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons barley malt syrup (room temp) or 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, use a fork or wisk to vigorously mix the milk, vinegar, oil and barley malt/maple syrup.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix together until batter is smooth.
- Spray waffle iron and cook waffles according to waffle iron instructions!