Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious on a bed of fresh greens.
- 1 (6 ounce) can chunk light tuna
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1⁄8 cup breadcrumbs (plain)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- Mix all ingredients.
- Form mixture into two equal size patties.
- Fry patties on non-stick pan with light vegetable oil non-stick spray until browned on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
A very nice change from tuna salad! Reminiscent of Salmon Cakes my wife has made for years... as a cake makes a great sandwich on a bun/roll with Tartar Sauce & fixings... lettuce, tomato, etc. If not worried about calories, a slice of cheese melted is a nice addition to the sandwich as well. Also can be shaped as a thicker croquette. Quick and easy to fix... my wife enjoyed them and has made them twice in the last 6 days. Says it is a no-fuss last-minute way to get more fish & more variety into our diet without the need to plan ahead to buy and use fresh seafood.
Excellent!! I froze a few leftovers.