Recipe by ChelseaW
A spicy okra salad.
Top Review by Susie D
We like good okra and tomatoes and this was a nice version. It was easy to make with frozen/ canned items and was on the table quickly. I couldn't find small cans of stewed tomatoes so used 1 cup of diced plum tomatoes as well as using fresh garlic. I usually throw in a tiny pinch of sugar to cut te acidity of the tomatoes. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT7.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash bottled hot pepper sauce