Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a family favorite. The recipe came from a cookbook at my work place.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen okra
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon (and remove crisp slices to crumble on top of finished product for garnish, if desired).
- Saute okra, onion, green pepper and celery in bacon fat until tender.
- Add tomatoes and seasonings and cook until well blended.
I've never made okra and tomatoes with celery and bell pepper before; they gave this dish a little "extra something".