Recipe by Brocolli
Why buy it when you can make it yourself. It's easy, cheap, require only a minimal amount of time to be prepared and it's good food. Try it. My family and myself love it, so I hope you will too :) - Preparation time does not include cooking time.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 30 g chicken broth
- 1 egg
- 250 g cabbage (you can add lesser, actually)
- 295.73-354.88 ml water
- hot dog
- okonomiyaki sauce
- low-fat mayonnaise
- bonito flakes (dried fish shavings)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a big mixing bowl, add in flour, chicken broth, egg, water and salt and mix well.
- Chop the cabbage into long strips and add it into the mixture.
- In a saucepan, add just little oil and take approximately one ladle of the mixture and put it in the saucepan and shape it until it becomes a round shape.
- Quickly add the crabsticks/hot dogs and press it a little on the mixture so as to make sure that it sticks.
- Cook each side for approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place in on the plate and top it with bonito flakes, mayonaisse and lastly okonomiyaki sauce.
- * since, this is practically like 'throw everything in one bowl' type of food, sometimes, the mixture might be just a little bland. But no worries, if it's bland, just add salt.
- -When making the mixture, do not add in too much chicken broth. Add in salt instead, approximately around 1/2 teaspoon or until taste.
- -Just in case if anyone could not find the okonomiyaki sauce, you might want to substitute it to barbecue sauce. I've not tried it with barbecue sauce yet, but I hope it works.
- -Okonomiyaki sauce is quite salty, thus, go easy on it.
- Enjoy! (:.