Recipe by Clifford Boren
I read an article in the paper which stated that broccoli contains a chemical which kills on contact that bacteria which causes stomach ulcers. I don't care for broccoli, but that is too good a situation to pass up. So I devised this to cover up the flavor and render that ugly vegetable palatable. It worked better than I anticipated. It's really rather good. Give it a try!
- 1 lb broccoli floret, enough for two
- 2 ounces lightly toasted slivered almonds
- 1 package knorrs fat free hollandaise mix (use Smart Blend butter substitute in the mix--great flavor and it's good for you)
- 1 cup sliced sauteed mushroom
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the Hollandaise mix per directions on the package.
- Add almonds, Sherry, mushrooms.
- Heat through, stirring constantly.
- Nuke or steam the broccoli until just crisp tender, as if it were stir fried.
- Plate up the broccoli and ladle the sauce generously over it.
- Be free handed!