Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I like the fact that this is a no tear recipe! Onions are already cut for you!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (can be substituted with veal or turkey, or half and half)
- 1⁄2 cup fine breadcrumbs (seasoned works best, but plain and adding in your fav spices works fine)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (or more or less, depending on how you like your sauce! we love it so I give a couple of nice tsp, ev)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packetof lipton roasted garlic and onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180C°).
- Blend together soup mix, eggs, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and bread crumbs Add ground beef and combine well.
- Press into a 2L loaf pan (9x5-inch).
- Pierce rows with fork to make little holes (for sauce to drip into as there is A LOT of sauce lol).
- Mix all sauce ingredients together.
- Coat loaf well with sauce.
- Bake for 70 minutes.
Very good meatloaf! I only had onion soup mix so I too added some pressed fresh garlic to the mix.The worchestershire sauce is fabulous in there. Great recipe. Thanks sunny!
This meatloaf was absolutely delicious. I didn't have the roasted garlic & onion soup so I just used the mushroom onion soup and it was great. My hubby devoured it. Thanks for the great recipe
This was great! I used lipton beef & onion soup mix & added some minced garlic. I also used half the sauce & even that was a lot so I'm glad I halved it! It was really good & certainly a keeper. Thanks so much