1/2 Photos of Ocean Trout/Salmon With Lime and Lemon Grass Hollandaise
The Flying Chef's Note:
This is a wonderful super quick, healthy meal (well I suppose the hollandaise is not the best but the fish is:) ) I must say I prefer this with salmon as I find trout quite full of fine bones, when I went to the supermarket to get the fish for this recipe, trout happened to be on special, so take your pick. This is a very different tasting hollandaise quite more citrusy than regular, I enjoy it but I know that it would not be everyones taste. If you are not used to cooking with these ingredients, please try, but just know they are quite different in taste, people that do cook with them will know what I mean. I think this hollandaise adds a wonderful twist on traditional and I love the citrus flavours paired with the fish, I served mine over spinach, but you can serve it with wild rice or any vegetable you choose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine lemon grass, shredded lime leaves, rind and juice in a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1 Tablespoon.
- 2Strain through a fine sieve into a medium heatproof bowl, cool 10 Min's, discard solids.
- 3Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water, do not allow water to touch the base of the bowl, add egg yolk to juice mixture, whisk over heat until thickened.
- 4Remove bowl from heat, gradually add melted butter in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until sauce has thickened. (If sauce is too thick a tablespoon of hot water can be added.) stir in finely chopped kaffir lime leaves.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the fish on a heated oiled grill or fry pan until cooked as desired, serve with hollandaise. I prefer to cook my fish skin side down first and really get a nice crisp skin on it.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ocean Trout/Salmon With Lime and Lemon Grass Hollandaise
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.1
- Calories from Fat 439
- Total Fat 48.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.6 g
- Cholesterol 294.9 mg
- Sodium 52.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
kaffir lime leaves