Recipe by Eismeer
This is yummy! A Bavarian style cheese spread that works pretty well with any bread, vegetable and, of course, Brez'n (Pretzels). This is the basic version, as there are a lot of regional differences. You can add different herbs such as parsley or chives, scallions and even a tad of beer :). However paprika and carraway seed are a must to make it really Bavarian.
- 200 g camembert cheese (or Brie Cheese in cubes, full fat works best)
- 60 g butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche
- 1 onion (small, chopped very thinly)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed (pestled roughly or a generous pinch of ground ones)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- hot paprika, to your liking
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cube Camembert.
- Chop onion very finely.
- Add butter to a bowl, add cheese and the rest of ingredients and mash thoroughly using a fork until a homogenous spread/consistency is reached.
- Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste (again).
- Serve with bread, vegetables and beer.