Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are traditional Mexican tacos. I've had the recipe for quite a while and it was originally found at allrecipes.com These are similar to soft tacos. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into thin strips
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the steak strips, stirring constantly, until browned on the outside and cooked to personal taste, but not too firm; no more than 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in the skillet, and quickly fry each tortilla on both sides, until lightly browned and flexible.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Place tortillas on a plate, and top with steak strips, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro to taste. Squeeze lime juice over. Wrap and eat.
These are 10 stars!!! I added chopped cabbage (a favorite of DH and Mine) We eat our tacos similar to this all the time!! LOVED them!! Thanks for posting such a great (authentic) recipe!!!
This is a good simple dish to make. I did add some more spices to the meat, but that's just me. Served with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!