Save money. Save time. Eat a good breakfast. Foolproof cooking while you shower and dress. McDonald’s oatmeal contains more sugar than a Snickers bar and only 10 fewer calories than a McDonald’s cheeseburger AND 11 ingredient you would not keep in your kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a half pint (jelly jar) half full of oatmeal.
- 2Add the goodies.
- 3Pour boiling water to just below the threads.
- 4Invert a few times,.
- 5Let sit for at least15 minutes.
- 6Add butter and milk if you want.
- 7The texture will be a bit different that what you cook on the stove.
- 8This can be made in a thermal container and it will stay hot much longer and results in a texture more like stovetop.
- 9Obviously 1 pint jar is 2 servings, 1 quart is 4 servings.
- 10Don't have a canning jar, use what you have. Fill it half full of oats and then top with boiling water after your goodies -- that's the trick.
Browse Our Top Oatmeal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oatmeal on the Run
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g