Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I originally found this recipe on SparkRecipes, but I've made a few adjustments. The milk, sugar, and flour can all be substituted for cow's milk or soy milk, splenda, and whole wheat or regular all purpose. I love the fact that there is no oil or butter needed with this recipe. These make an excellent snack or breakfast. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together oatmeal, milk, applesauce, egg whites, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, do not overmix.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.