Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I found on Better Homes and Garden's website. It looks yummy, but I haven't tried it yet.
- In medium bowl, stir together 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup quick cooking oats, and 1 teaspoon salt. Using pastry blender, cut in 2/3 cup shortening until pieces are pea-size.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon water over part of mixture; gently toss with fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat, using 1 tablespoon water at a time, until all dough is moistened. (You will need 8 to 10 tablespoons total water.)
- Divide in half; form each half into a ball. On lightly floured surface, flatten 1 dough ball. Roll from center to edge into 12-inch circle. To transfer pastry, wrap around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie plate, being careful not to stretch pastry. Trim pastry even with rim of pie plate. Fill pie plate with filling.
- On lightly floured surface roll remaining dough into 14-inch circle; cut slits for stream to escape. Place on top of fruit filling; trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top crust under bottom crust; crimp edge.
- Makes pastry for 2-crust pie, or two 1-crust pies.