Recipe by mary winecoff
This won top prize in the BHG's recipes for treats for friends, family and co-workers. Submitted by Susan Campanelli from Kutztown, PA.
Top Review by Messy44
I can't believe no one has reviewed these yet. I have made them several times for church. I got the recipe from BHG ~ happy to see someone posted it! Really easy and something a little different than the usual bar. My whole family loves them, as do my churchy friends. Big thumbs up. Thanks for posting!
- 12 whole wheat honey graham crackers
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1⁄2 cup whole smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond edges of pan.
- Arrange whole graham crackers in a single layer in pan. In a large bowl, combine oats, sugars, and flour. Stir in melted butter, egg and vanilla until well combined. Spoon over graham crackers and spread evenly to edges of pan to cover graham crackers.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until oat mixture bubbles and is lightly browned on top. Remove from oven and sprinkle with almonds and chocolate pieces. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Use foil to lift from pan. Remove foil. Cut or break into bars.