Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
My kids love oatmeal! This seems like a great way to make oatmeal that's quick and easy even on busy days.
- Bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add oatmeal and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Stir as necessary.
- Remove oatmeal from heat and cool in pan. Oatmeal will be very thick.
- Use an ice cream scoop to create serving size balls of oatmeal on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Flash freeze.
- Place frozen scoops in a freezer bag and store in freezer.
- To serve, microwave single scoop on high, stirring occasionaly.
- For more variety, top hot oatmeal with syrup, preserves, fresh or dried fruit, baked apples or cherry pie filling, chocolate chips and peanutbutter, or caramel ice cream topping.