Shawn H's Note:
My kids love oatmeal! This seems like a great way to make oatmeal that's quick and easy even on busy days.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and salt to a boil.
- 2Add oatmeal and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Stir as necessary.
- 3Remove oatmeal from heat and cool in pan. Oatmeal will be very thick.
- 4Use an ice cream scoop to create serving size balls of oatmeal on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- 5Flash freeze.
- 6Place frozen scoops in a freezer bag and store in freezer.
- 7To serve, microwave single scoop on high, stirring occasionaly.
- 8For more variety, top hot oatmeal with syrup, preserves, fresh or dried fruit, baked apples or cherry pie filling, chocolate chips and peanutbutter, or caramel ice cream topping.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for OAMC Individual Oatmeal Servings
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 6.4 g