Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A meal on its own.
- 6 potatoes, boiled
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup grated cheese
- dried breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in saucepan, remove from heat and add flour and salt and then milk, stirring all the time.
- Then add grated cheese.
- Cut cooked potatoes and put into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle over bacon, onion and roughly chopped eggs.
- Pour cheese sauce over all and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Put into 350F degrees oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
This is a wonderful dish. So creamy and cheesy. You can taste all of the ingredients and they harmonize so well with each other. I especially liked the surprise ingredient, eggs. I would never have thought of that, but it added a special touch. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Added to my t&t book!
This was a nice alternate to scalloped potatoes. I used peameal bacon and it was good.
My husband liked these, but I was not impressed. They are easy to make and different, but not as flavorful as I expected.