Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Originally from Cooking Light but tweaked to our preferences. Have also sprinkled on some Bacon Jam instead of the nuts. Haven't done this yet but think you could make the gratin ahead and the brussels sprouts and keep two aspects separate, then reheat the sprouts in microwave and assemble-just don't put the gratin in until serving or it will turn into mush.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved or 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons walnuts, TOASTED finely chopped
- 1⁄2 ounce asiago cheese, shaved
- Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute or just until golden, stirring constantly.
- Add cracker crumbs; cook 1 minute or until lightly browned, stirring constantly.
- Transfer crumb mixture to a cup.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Add brussels sprouts to pan; cook until a tad brown-stir frequently, add 1/4 cup of water and cook until leaves wilt and cores are crisp-tender, stirring frequently- add more water IF needed-takes about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, stir in cracker crumbs.
- Top with walnuts or recipe#463068 and cheese.
- Serve warm.
Great Brussels Sprouts! I loved the garlicky cracker topping. Made with 1/2 lb sprouts and decreased the rest of the ingredients to match. Will make these again! Made for PRMR.
Just delicious! Loved the garlic/cracker combo with the walnuts and cheese. The cooking method for the sprouts was perfect and the flavor was great with the topping. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Have never had a Brussels sprout salad and now wished I had. An absolutely wonderful dish. This salad has so much flavor and texture that I could hardly believe it was a salad or that it was made with Brussels sprouts. Will defiantly be making again. Thanks so much for the yummy post.