Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews or 1 cup macadamia nuts or 1 cup toasted almond
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix margarine, sugars, vanilla and egg yolk in medium bowl.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Press dough in ungreased rectangular pan, 13 × 9 × 2 inches, with floured hands.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over dough.
- Sprinkle with cashews; press lightly into dough.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until light brown; cool 10 minutes.
- Cut into 3-inch squares.
- Cut each square diagonally in half.
- Immediately remove from pan; cool.
- Drizzle with chocolate.
- Let stand about 2 hours or until chocolate is set.