Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Great in the lunch box!!
Make and share this Nutty Oatmeal Raisin Chews recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place all ingredients in a large bow, mix well.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Drop 1 tablespoon full of batter, 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Dampen fingers lightly with cold water and press batter to flatten into 2 inch rounds.
- Bake until cookies are light golden, but not brown, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Great lower-fat cookie! I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins and chopped pecans for the walnuts, which worked great. Wonderful flavor and VERY EASY to make. :) Made for Cookie tag at kittencalskitchen.com
delicious and low-guilt. I added a bit of "the usual" spices - cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves - and baked for 13 minutes. 3 down, trying to stop now :) ps 4 days later tried it with 2 eggs and a bit less oil. The dough is much stickier though refusinng to coalesce into a cookie, but no reals difference in taste.
Sweet, chewy and wholesome...I couldn't ask for more in a cookie. The recipe was a cinch to make with all the ingredients coming together well, making it easy to drop tablespoons full on the cookie sheet. Because I don't like raisins, I used dried blueberries instead. My DH snagged one while it was still hot out of the oven...and then he grabbed another one...and another. We loved that this sweet used oil and not shortening or butter, and that egg whites, not yolks were called for, which really lowered the cholesterol. Thanks a whole bunch for providing us with a tasty and healthy cookie.