Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on the Bell Plantation website (they make PB2 powdered peanut butter). This is a delicious way to have a typically high fat thai peanut noodles, without all the fat or calories. This is also delicious with cooked chicken or shrimp.
- 1⁄2 cup low fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup pb 2 powdered peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 6 cups whole wheat spaghetti, cooked
- 3⁄4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots (grated)
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli (floweret's,cut into thin slices)
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 4 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, mix chicken broth, PB2, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, garlic powder and red pepper.
- Place cooked noodles in the bowl with sauce and toss to coat noodles. Remove noodles from bowl and place in a covered, oven safe dish in a warm oven. Reserve sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce, into a large skillet.
- In the sauce, stir fry the onions, carrots, broccoli and snow peas for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the red cabbage and stir fry another 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Add vegetables and sauce to noodles and mix.
- Garnish each serving with chopped peanuts.