Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
"Missing the mixed nuts? Salted cashew halves, pecan halves, or peanuts will work just as well!" From a brand name baking magazine! Enjoy!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) can salted mixed nuts
- Heat oven to 350. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg yolk with mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour and salt.
- Press dough in ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake 25 minutes or until light brown.
- Immediately sprinkle white baking chips over baked layer. Let stand 5 minutes or until softened; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts; press gently into topping. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
I tried this recipe with milk chocolate chips and peanuts, because I hate white chocolate and any other nut, and it was good, but even after pressing all the nuts into the chocolate they mostly fell off before serving. They are tasty, but I almost felt like they were missing a little something.