1/3 Photos of Nutty Irishman Creme Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This is as close as I can come to the cake I made for my Dad's 50 Birthday over 20 years ago. This recipe is a lot smaller. Then I did make it in a sheet cake and it had a frosting at the time not a glaze like here. If you want a really good frosting give this Creamy Chocolate Frosting Creamy Chocolate Frosting a try, but use Frangelica liqueur instead of the rum.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1/4 cup Frangelico liqueur
- 1/8 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Frangelico, for soaking on cake
For The Glaze
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Combine the first 7 ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees 40 to 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 5Remove from bundt pan.
- 6With a pastry brush brush Frangelico on cooked cake and let it cool completely.
- 7Mix Baileys and 1 cup sugar until a thick glaze is formed adding more sugar if necessary.
- 8When ready, pour over the cooled cake.
- 9Or use the frosting recipe above.
- 10Sprinkle toasted almonds into glaze while still soft pressing gentle so to stay on cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Irishman Creme Cake
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 530.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 31.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: