Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 8 mins
Another from Rachael Ray's "Get Real" book. Light, refreshing and yummy pie. Cooking time also includes refrigeration time.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- in food processor, chop the pecans until very fine. Transfer to a 9 inch pie plate. Stir the sugar into the pecans and add the melted butter. Mix until the pecans are completely moistened. Press the nuts evenly into the pan with your fingers to create even crust. Bake until crust is golden, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- For the filling, mix the cream cheese together with the orange juice until smooth. Open the gelatin packet, add 1/2 teaspoon to the cream cheese mixture and stir vigorously until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the chilled crust and spread evenly.
- Pour the heavy cream and remaining gelatin into a clean bowl. With an electric mixer, beat the cream mixture until soft peaks form.
- Pour the cream over the cream cheese filling and spread it over the top.
- Sprinkle orange zest over the pie and refrigerate at lease 2 hours.
Son made it for his life skills class. Was better bad and I watch him make it so it was correct. I wasn't surprised it didn't come out tasting good. We had a good time eating it for a good laugh. Made french toast the next day to finish his project for school since I wanted to save the grandparents from eating this the next day.