I received a flier in the mail today for a new cookbook called "Pillsbury Christmas 2008" and there were 2 free recipes included. This is one of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can salted mixed nuts (coarsely chop the Brazil nuts)
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) Pillsbury sugar cookie dough, 1 roll
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup pretzel, salted, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce vanilla candy coating, chopped (or almond bark)
- 1Heat oven to 375°F Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread nuts evenly in pan. Cut cookie dough into 1/2-inch-thick slices; arrange slices over nuts. With floured fingers, press dough evenly in pan to form crust. Sprinkle toff bits evenly over crust; press in lightly. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 30 minutes.
- 2In large microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butterscotch chips on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Fold in pretzels. Spread mixture evenly oven cooled baked crust.
- 3In small microwaveable bowl, microwave candy coating on high 30 to 60 seconds or until melted, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 15 minutes. Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutty Chocolate-Pretzel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.1 mg
- Sodium 207.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: