Recipe by Raquel Grinnell
Called "Butternuts" on Just a Pinch Recipes, by Denise Hagar. Printed here for safekeeping.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temperature (plus one tablespoon)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream all of the butter with powdered sugar and salt till light and fluffy.
- Blend in flour, mix well.
- Add butterscotch chips and 1 cup finely chopped pecans.
- Shape dough, a scant teaspoonful at a time, into balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in 325 degree oven for 15 minutes or until firm but not brown.
- Let cool on wire racks.
- Mix rum glaze ingredients until smooth.
- You can either dip the cookies in the glaze or use a spoon to pour over cookies. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.