Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A lighter tasty cookie.
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup egg white (3-4)
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- In mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder and egg whites.
- Add nuts and apricots; mix well.
- Drop by spoonsful onto well-greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325°F for 15-18 minutes.
- Drizzle tops, if desired, with a mixture of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and water.
WOW! These turned out WONDERFUL! I didn't know quite what to expect because the ingredients were different than anything I've made before but these are really GREAT! I wondered if I was supposed to beat the egg whites but didn't and followed the recipe and...I guess you don't have to...it really is that easy! I cut up my apricots with kitchen shears. These turned out kinda chewy with the strongest flavor coming from the pecans and nice tangy surprises of apricot. They were nice without the glaze but I love lemon so had to add it and it really makes them a gourmet cookie with 3 flavorful treats for the tastebuds. I made my glaze with 2 T fresh lemon juice and 1/2-3/4 cup powdered sugar and then stirred in some lemon zest for a more intense lemon flavor. Thanks for this easy, tasty keeper recipe! Made for Zaar Tag.