Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I watched Chef Rakesh Sethi make this the other day(last Sunday, I think) on Mirch Masala. Looked amazing and I have to try it soon for my brother who is an egg lover :)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 150 ml water
- 1 pinch white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon spring onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon tomatoes, chopped (to garnish)
- 1 teaspoon spring onion, chopped (green portion only, to garnish)
- Beat eggs, one at a time, in a bowl.
- Add water, salt and white pepper powder.
- Pour into a serving bowl- preferably, stainless steel or ceramic.
- Steam for 8 minutes.
- Now heat oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and spring onion.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes till the raw smell of garlic is gone.
- Remove from heat and put on the steamed egg.
- Put soya sauce in a bowl.
- Add water and sugar to the soya sauce and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the steamed egg.
- Add a tsp.
- of chopped tomato and a tsp.
- of the green portion of the spring onions as a garnish and serve immediately.