1/1 Photo of Nutella Butterscotch Bars
Per request, a recipe from a handbook I got in the mail of Nutella recipes. Looks like alot of work but should be great:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1---For Nutella Butterscotch Bars---.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 3Using a rolling pan on a floured surface, roll the puff pastry to 1/8 inch thickness.
- 4Prick the dough several times with a fork, covering the surface of the pastry.
- 5Place the dough on a foil-lined cookie sheet& freeze for 15 minutes.
- 6Then, bake for 10 minutes, until dough is golden brown in color.
- 7Set aside to cool.
- 8---Butterscotch Brittle----.
- 9Line another baking sheet with greased aluminum foil.
- 10In a 2 quart, heavy bottom saucepan, stir together the sugar, water and butter over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 11Cover tightly with a lid and boil for 2 minutes.
- 12Increase the heat to high and cook until sugar mixture turns a deep golden color.
- 13Slowly stir in the baking soda and pour mixture onto the baking sheet.
- 14Allow the butterscotch mixture to cool completely, then break into 1 inch or smaller squares.
- 15In a medium bowl, stir Nutella, eggs, flour& mini chocolate chips.
- 16Stir in 1 up of the butterscotch brittle pieces (the remaining brittle are for snackin!).
- 17Spread the mixture onto the puff pastry leaving a 1 inch border.
- 18Turn the oven down to 350°F and bake the bars for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 19When the bars are done, the top will crack slightly and the center will have a creamy texture.
- 20Allow the bars to completely cool and cut with pizza wheel or sharp knife.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nutella Butterscotch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g