- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add the peanuts and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Pour into blender and add the chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan.
- Rinse out the blender with the milk, then combine with the peanut mixture.
- Return the pan to heat and bring to a boil again.
- Serve hot with croutons or chilled with lemon or cucumber slices floating on top.